Insurance (MP) Allstate Car Insurance is a high-profile agency whom advertise themselves as the “Good Hands People.” But, let’s find out if by choosing this company – you’re really in good hands! This company provides a large choice of insurance options, discounts, a large system of certified repair facilities and regional agents. While its premiums before discounts are higher than most, it’s still a worthy consideration, particularly given that it uses a claims satisfaction guarantee system.
We found their straight premiums to actually be higher compared to other competitors involving our test cases. However, premiums may vary according to your locale and driving record. It’s possible, you could get 24 added discounts, greater than most company’s offer. Lots of Allstate’s discounts are unlike many car insurance policies that offer discounts for switching, for having anti-theft devices and also for safe driving. Where Allstate car insurance differs is that they will even offer a discounts if your vehicle is generally used for farm work, if you purchased it new, if you have a good credit record or if you happen to be retired. Now, let’s get to the nuts and bolts of what Allstate car insurance offers…
Allstate Car Insurance Coverage
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Liability
- Medical Payments/No-Fault/Personal Injury Protection (name depends upon state)
- Accident forgiveness for members of the Gold or Platinum coverage plans. Gold is 8% more and Platinum is 15% more than the standard policy. With Gold, you need 3 years without a collision and with Platinum, it’s instant.
- Roadside assistance for concerned drivers. The suite of options includes the Allstate Motor Club for an annual membership fee, Emergency Roadside Assistance for a flat fee of $75 per tow and $50 for other services, and Towing & Labor Coverage for a light fee added to your policy.
- Rental reimbursement for reimbursement for up to 30 days of the amount you selected on your policy (typically $25 per day).
- Glass coverage for people with Comprehensive Coverage.
- Personal/Upgraded item coverage for paying a higher premium. Sound System Coverage protects your installed high-end sound system from theft or damage.
Allstate car insurance also has the driving monitoring program called Drivewise. You install a plug-in device in your car that tracks your driving habits. Instead of tracking your slip-ups like most of these programs do, Drivewise awards points every week for good habits like low-mileage days, staying within the speed limit, avoiding night driving and smooth stops and not hard braking. You use the points toward purchasing merchandise, gift cards or local services.
Most car coverage agencies that offer this type of program watch you for a few months then apply the data toward a discount using your insurance for the next contract period. The Drivewise program remains as long as you have Allstate and you can go on to earn rewards for safe driving. Drivewise is accessible in 46 states.
If you’re in an accident, you’ll be able to choose your own repair facilities or ask the adjuster to recommend an Allstate-approved shop. Allstate has 3,500 approved repair facilities round the nation. These service centers can even handle the filing paperwork.
One unique solution Allstate’s claim satisfaction guarantee. If you’re in an accident and Allstate is not able to resolve your claim to your satisfaction, one might be given a six-month credit on your automobile insurance premium. This guarantee is available in 42 states, though some states have specific limitations. We found Allstate’s satisfying their customers ranked average compared to the other top insurance agencies in our reviews.
Allstate offers several mobile apps to help you manage your account, file a claim in case of accident, plan a trip and request roadside assistance. It also has an app for its Drivewise program, therefore you do not particularly need the plug-in device to participate, a benefit in case you have an older car.
Allstate claims phone number: 1-800-255-7828
Allstate insurance phone number: 1-800-255-7828
Latest posts by Don Briscoe (see all)
- What Millennials need to know about retirement planning - May 22, 2017
- Job seekers: Don’t forget employers check your credit report - May 18, 2017
- How Your Tax Refund Can Eliminate Your Debt? - April 4, 2017